- Before Registering for the Exam
- How To Schedule Your Exam
- What to Bring on Exam Day?
- How Much Does It Cost to Take the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
- Where Do You Take the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
- What Is on the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
- How Hard Is the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
- Georgia Real Estate Exam Practice Questions
- What Should You Expect on the Day of Your Test?
- How to Pass Your Exam
- Test Results
This post provides all the information needed to better understand the Georgia Real Estate Salesperson Exam. This article contains essential study materials and our most frequently asked questions, including:
The journey to acquire your Georgia real estate license is exciting and challenging. We understand that preparing for the Georgia Real Estate Exam can be incredibly stressful. The exam is the final barrier between a hopeful real estate professional and their dream job.
Get a Georgia Real Estate License
Join over 100,000 other students and get licensed online at VanEd. Save 35% with Promo Code LICENSE35.
With an average real estate salary averaging $47,610 in Georgia, it is no wonder why real estate has become such a popular career choice. Depending on experience, real estate agents can make a salary of anywhere from $30,000 to over $100,000.
To become a real estate agent in Georgia and represent buyers and sellers in the real estate transaction process, a candidate must complete the following steps, including passing the Georgia Real Estate Exam.
- Complete 75 Hours of Approved Pre-License Education
- Pass the Course Final Exam
- Submit Fingerprints & Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Pass the Georgia Real Estate License Exam
- Find a Sponsoring Broker to Work Under
- Complete the Licensing Application
Learn more about how to get a real estate license in Georgia.
Before Registering for the Exam
Before a candidate can register to take their Georgia Real Estate Exam, they must complete 75 hours of pre-licensing education. This course covers all the topics required to become a licensed real estate salesperson. Topics include license law, law of agency, regulations, and real estate finance.
How Do You Schedule Your Exam?
To schedule over the Internet, access PSI's website.
Internet scheduling is available 24 hours a day. To schedule online, you must pay by credit card and complete your pre-license education at an approved school. To schedule, log onto PSI's website and create an account. Select the examination and enter the ID number that the Commission provided to you. Your record will be found, and you will now be ready to pay and schedule for the exam. Once you select the desired test site, available dates will appear.
If you have problems or wish to schedule by phone or have questions, contact PSI at 800-733-9267 You can also schedule your exam by mail. Look up instructions on this PSI document.
What to Bring on Exam Day
On exam day, candidates must bring two forms of identification. Calculators are permitted so long as they are non-programmable.
If a cell phone goes off in a locker, the applicant will not be allowed to finish their exam.
What Is NOT Allowed on Exam Day
- Reference materials
- Cell phones or other electronic devices
- Food or drinks
- Visitors or guests
How Much Does It Cost to Take the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
The candidate must pay a $119 fee for a salesperson examination fee. If scheduling your appointment online, you must pay the total amount via credit card when scheduling the exam.
You can take the Georgia salesperson exam as many times as you need to pass. Each attempt costs $119. Exam fees are nonrefundable.
You can also pay via cashier's check.
Where Do You Take the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
Students must take their salesperson exams at a designated PSI testing center. The list of test locations is below.
3505 Koger Blvd., Suite 175
Duluth, GA 30096
The Pavillions at East Lake Shopping Center
2100 Roswell Road (State Route 120), Suite 2128
Marietta, GA 30062
H&R Block Office
2891 N. Decatur Rd, Suite D, E, and F
Decatur, GA 30033
Open Arms Outreach Inc.
385 Glynn Street North
Fayetteville, GA 30214
6394 Zebulon Road, Suite 102
Macon, GA 31220
The Chatham Center, Orlean Building
6001 Chatham Center Drive, Suite 155
Savannah, GA 31405
What Is on the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
The Georgia Real Estate Salesperson Examination consists of 152 total questions. To pass, you need to answer 75% of the questions correctly.
The Exam is broken up into two distinct sections, the National Portion and the State-Specific portion. Students will need to pass each of these sections in order to pass the exam.
How Hard Is the Georgia Real Estate Exam?
The exam can be challenging, but it is not something that should intimidate students. We created a national real estate exam prep course to help students pass their first time!
Georgia Real Estate Exam Practice Questions
- Baird bought two rectangular lots, each of which measures 244' x 250'. Approximately how many total acres will be in the two lots combined?
- A person has been using a property for a long time. That person's rights have been determined to supersede those of the fee simple owner. This is called which of the following?
- eminent domain
- adverse possession
- A property has been condemned by the city so that the land can be used to build a better approach to the municipal hospital's emergency entrance. Which of the following powers is the city exercising?
- power of attorney
- police power
- eminent domain
- A salesperson deliberately shows a buyer homes in only one subdivision where many people of the buyer's religious faith live. Has the salesperson violated any law?
- Yes, because a salesperson must show a prospective buyer homes in at least three different areas.
- Yes, because a salesperson cannot discriminate on the basis of religion when showing property to a buyer.
- No, because the salesperson's broker is responsible for any violations of law.
- No, because there was no intent to discriminate on the basis of race or national origin.
- A licensee who works for ABC Realty obtains a listing. Two days later, the licensee begins working for XYZ Realty. Which of the following is true regarding this listing?
- The listing is transferred to XYZ Realty.
- The licensee is entitled to compensation when she begins working for XYZ Realty.
- The listing remains with ABC Realty.
- The listing is automatically terminated
Answers: 1. A; 2. D; 3. C; 4. B; 5. C
What Should You Expect on the Day of Your Test?
On the exam day, candidates should report to the test center thirty (30) minutes before the examination.
Candidates must register for the exam with their first and last name as it appears on their government-issued identification. They must provide two forms of identification and sign a roster to confirm their identity.
Valid primary forms of identification:
- driver's license with photograph
- state identification card with photograph
- military identification card with photograph
The secondary form of identification must show your name and signature.
- credit card with signature
- social security card with signature
A candidate may bring a non-programmable calculator into the exam room. All other personal items must be stored elsewhere. Watches, hats, wallets, and keys must be stored in the facility locker.
Candidates take their exams on a computer at the test center. You do not need computer experience or typing skills to take your exam. Applicants have four (4) hours to answer 152 questions. They must pass with at least a 75%.
Don't Forget These Calculations!
These calculations are not available at the test center and should be memorized.
Candidates may use the following information in making mathematical calculations on the real estate examinations unless otherwise stated in the text of the question:
- 43,560 square feet/acre
- 5,280 feet/mile
- Round off calculations (where applicable)
How to Pass Your Exam
At VanEd Real Estate School, we make passing your exam simple with our National Real Estate Exam Prep Course Program, which contains a full review of your pre-license courses and various practice questions that you will find on the exam.
Prepare to Pass Your Real Estate Exam
Get 1000s of practice questions, course topic reviews, quizzes, and access to our full database of glossary terms.
After completing the Salesperson examination, you will report to the testing supervisor to receive your score report. This score report shows your result for your examination and gives diagnostic scoring information for any topics you did not pass.
After passing the examination, you receive a Certification of Accuracy Statement and the Georgia application information filed with PSI.
If you fail the exam, the administrator cannot reschedule you for another exam. You must register online, over the phone, or through the mail.
Written and Published by: VanEd