This course is designed to familiarize REALTORS® with the concept of social networking and provide an overview of the types of social media in use today, and how these can be used by REALTORS® in their everyday business. At the end of this course, attendees will:
- Understand what social networks are, and how they are being used by consumers and business professionals.
- Make a determination of which social networks align most appropriately with their needs and those of their customers.
- Identify 4 key benefits to using social networking in their business.
- Identify ways to promote their involvement in social networking.
- Develop a basic plan for using social media as a component of their overall technology and business strategies.
The growing wave of social media is becoming big news. Every day there are thousands of newspaper, magazine and website articles, blog posts and television reports about the growing number of people using Facebook, MySpace, digg, Bebo, LinkedIn, Technorati - the list is almost endless. Social networks are gaining momentum; some growing in new membership numbering in the millions per month.
With thousands of social networks each boasting millions of users, social networks are not going away. They're not a fad. Social networks are becoming the standard for collaboration and sharing, for everything from photos, blog posts and web bookmarks to corporation profiles and business networking. They are redefining how business processes are distributed, changing the way entire industries function.
REALTORS® need to understand how social networks can impact their business - both positively and negatively - if they're going to remain competitive. This course will provide information to keep REALTORS® up to date, and help them determine how they could use this information to their benefit and that of their customers and clients. After taking this course, REALTORS® will be able to determine if social networking is an appropriate component of their business strategy, and which social network might be right for them.
- What are Social Networks?
- Reasons to Join a Social Network
- Getting Started
- Do's and Don'ts of Social Networking
The course contains numerous interactive exercises, and is completed with a multiple choice final exam.