We are riding a green building wave! With universal concern about global warming and ever-rising energy costs, the time is right to build energy efficient, eco-friendly homes.
This course is not about cutting-edge, experimental green; the high performance home is an energy-efficient, cost-effective, well-built home that provides a healthy indoor environment and helps to save our global environment. Isn't this the home that many of your clients want to buy? We'll learn its six elements and testing procedures for new and existing homes.
Sales increase when buyers understand and develop trust in their real estate agent, their builder and the product. Your understanding of what makes the high performance home today's smart choice is an essential part of your future success in selling this green product to every new home buyer and also to many resale buyers. Catch the green wave!
Be able to:
- identify the six elements of the high performance home
- identify in-demand benefits of the high performance home
- identify and compare features of each element
- identify advantages to buyers for each feature
- Course Introduction
- Tight Thermal Envelope
- Solar-smart Design
- Heating and Cooling Issues
- Air, Moisture, and Combustion
- Water Management
- Lighting, Energy, and Green Products
- Diagnostic Testing
VanEd online courses:
• Can be completed at your own pace, anytime on any device with internet access
• Contain quizzes, exercises and a final exam. (Upon passing, certificates are immediately available)
• Include instructor support through course Q&As online or via email