The Resort and Second-home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification will appeal to REALTORS® in resort and second-home markets around the world who wish to distinguish themselves among their peers and among consumers.
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) currently defines a REALTOR® specializing in resort & second-home markets as, "a real estate practitioner who facilitates the buying, selling, or management of properties for investment, development, retirement, or second homes in a resort, recreational, and/or vacation destination."
To earn RSPS Certification, you must:
- Have an active membership with the National Association of REALTORS®
- Successfully complete the Home Sweet (Second) Home: Vacation, Investment, Luxury Properties Course
- View 3 free one-hour webinars
- Complete the application process, including a one-time application fee of $194.50. Please allow 5 business days for review and approval.
RSPS certificate holders will receive the following:
- Listing in Online Referral Networking Directory on REALTOR.org
- Self-Promotion Materials (initial press release, logo files, etc.)
- Advanced access to Data & Research
- Special National Networking Opportunities
In addition to these services, RSPS is an official NAR certification allowing consumers (buyers and sellers) a level of confidence in the ability of an RSPS to assist them with their resort and second-home sale or search.
Applicants would need a maximum of 6 to 8 days depending on their choice of elective courses. It could take 6 to 12 months to complete coursework depending on the frequency of course offerings.
There are no recurring dues in order to maintain the RSPS certification; only the initial application fee and education costs.
Benefits of earning the RSPS Certification
When you earn the RSPS certification, you will:
- Be differentiated on REALTOR.org and REALTOR.com
- Receive monthly e-newsletters, emailed to you on the last Friday of the month
- Participate in quarterly webinars regarding investment, second-home, and vacation property issue
- Gain the right to use RSPS logos and marketing materials
- Be eligible to join the private RSPS Facebook group for networking and access to:
- Referral Form
- RSPS Press Release
- Marketing materials (as available through NAR)
- RSPS Certificate
- RSPS Lapel Pin