Oklahoma Real Estate School Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Some of our most frequently asked questions concerning Oklahoma real estate education are answered below:

Oklahoma Real Estate Licensing

Learn about the process of obtaining your Oklahoma real estate license.

How long does it take to get my Oklahoma real estate license?

The entire process from taking the education to obtaining your license takes anywhere from 1 to 4 months. Per OREC regulations, all students have 6 months to complete their coursework. VanEd provides the option to reactivate your coursework for an additional 6 months if needed (reactivation fee applies). Fingerprinting and the background check take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks.

How do I get my Oklahoma real estate license?

  1. Enroll in VanEd's 90-hour Salesperson's Package.

  2. Obtain an application package from OREC (Oklahoma Real Estate Commission).

  3. OREC will send you a fingerprint card to start your criminal background check. This is required prior to taking the licensing exam.

  4. Pass VanEd's Final Exams – Two 45-hour courses (Principles is divided into two modules) for the entire 90-hour package.

  5. Send in your Certificates of Completion (licensees must send in their Certificates of completion from VanEd to OREC).

  6. Pass VanEd's Exam Prep (included in your 90-hour Salesperson's Package).

  7. You may only schedule your licensing exam after OREC has received your criminal background report (you'll be notified by OREC when this occurs).

  8. Once you've passed your exam, you'll send in your remaining required documents, whereupon you'll be issued a Salesperson License.

How old do you I have to be to get my license?

Per OREC, all applicants must be at least 18 years of age to become a real estate agent.

Oklahoma Real Estate License State Exam

Learn about the required state exam to obtain a real estate license in Oklahoma.

How much does the Oklahoma Application cost (this includes the exam fee)?

Application for Provisional Sales Associate $75.00
Application for Sales Associate $165.00
(please confirm with OREC which license is right for you)
Fingerprint Fee $60.00

How much does the Licensing Exam cost?

Salesperson exam fee $60.00
Retake $60.00

Where are the Oklahoma state exam locations (through PSI)?

Please visit PSI's website for exact locations.

What if I fail the Oklahoma Licensing Exam?

You can retake the exam (you must pay the $160 fee again).

What will it cost me to get my Oklahoma Salesperson license?

Course tuition $449.00
Current Real Estate Application Fee (which includes fingerprint fee) $135.00 for Provisional Sales Associate
$225.00 for Sales Associate
Certificate of Licensure (from NREC) $25

Do you guarantee passing?

VanEd Students have unlimited access to all of their completed coursework (except in the cases where there have been significant regulatory changes by the state).

Our Online Course Delivery

How to get help with computer questions and other technical support.

I have questions about my course. Who can help me?

New or potential students with questions regarding how to get started (either in obtaining your license and/or starting your continuing education (once licensed), please contact our office at 800-455-8348 (locally at 303-245-0258) or via email at info@vaned.com.

Currently enrolled students with administrative questions (tracking materials, requesting a transfer, general technical support, finding a certificate, etc.) please contact our Customer Support team Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5pm MST at 800-455-8348 or email info@vaned.com. Emails will be responded to promptly but typically within 24 hours or one business day.

For questions pertaining to specific coursework, course content, or curriculum, please email our instructors here at instructor@vaned.com or post the question directly within the Q&As inside each individual course.

What are the system requirements for your online courses?

We make every attempt to make our websites and products tablet and mobile-friendly; however, not all features within all of our courses are compatible with all tablets and phones.

  • Both Windows and Mac-based desktops or laptops are compatible.
  • We recommend the use of Windows 7-10 or macOS 10.9 or later operating systems.
  • We recommend the use of current Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Internet Explorer
  • We recommend online learners have at least a 2MB connection.

How long do I have to complete my courses?

All Oklahoma students have 6 months from the date they initially purchase their coursework. Your individual Enrollment Agreement and Course Catalog (with reactivation policies) are located within your student account. To view our General Online Course Catalog, click here. (Activation length of time varies by state, please check your individual state FAQ page and/or Course Catalog).

What is your return policy?

Please see our Pre-license Course Catalog and Continuing Education Course Catalog for our General Return Policies. Each state may have slightly different regulations – if you are a current student, a copy of your individual Enrollment Agreement and Course Catalog can be found inside your student account.

Is your school approved?

Yes! Van Education Center (VanEd) is approved in several states, but in Oklahoma (#1416), we are approved for Real Estate Pre-licensing, Post-Licensing, Continuing Education by the state's governing body (in this case, the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission).

Reciprocity & Real Estate Continuing Education

Questions about being licensed in other states and maintaining/renewing your real estate license in Oklahoma.

Can I use my current state license to get licensed in another state?

Each state has different regulations surrounding reciprocity. VanEd encourages licensees who are licensed in another state and want to obtain their Oklahoma real estate license to contact the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission 405-521-3387 to inquire about reciprocity. If you want to obtain a real estate license in another state, you should contact the State's Commission or Department of Education.

I already have a real estate license from another state – do I have to take the ENTIRE 90-hour online course?

We encourage all licensed agents to contact the Commission's office ( 405-521-3387) to confirm what reciprocal requirements there are for the state in which you wish to obtain additional licensure.

Most active licensees coming from other states will be required (at minimum) to take the three 1hr out-of-state courses, which can be found on our Continuing Education Page.

I'm already licensed – how much Continuing Education do I need?

Per Oklahoma state regulation, all licensees are required to take 21 total hours of continuing education during each 3-year license cycle.

Associate licensees must take 6 required subjected, of at least 1 clock hour in length in: Broker Relationships, Contracts, Professional Conduct, Fair Housing, License Code & Rules, and Current Issue and 15 clock hours may be in elective credit as approved by the Commission.

Broker types listed (with the exception of non-resident broker licenses) must take a 15 clock hour Broker in Charge (BIC) course and two (2) of the six (6) required subject matter courses of: Broker Relationships, Contracts, Professional Conduct, Fair Housing, License Code & Rules, and Current Issue. The required subject matter must be at least 1 clock hour in length.