Colorado CAM License Rules | VanEd

Am I Required to Have a Community Association Manager (CAM) License?

Those required to be licensed as a Community Association Manager (CAM) are any person, firm, partnership, limited liability company, association, or corporation that perform more than one of the community association management practices (as defined below), in consideration of compensation by fee, commission, salary, or anything else of value or with the intention of receiving or collecting such compensation, engages in or offers or attempts to engage in community management in Colorado.

This DOES NOT include:

  1. The chief executive officer of a business entity that employs individuals or contracts with other business entities to perform community association management services as long as they do not engage in CAM duties and are not the Designated Manager.
  2. Employees of community management companies who perform only clerical, ministerial, accounting or maintenance functions as long as they do so under the supervision of a licensed CAM
  3. Those who are directly employed by a common interest community who only perform clerical, ministerial, accounting or maintenance functions
  4. Independent Contractors performing clerical, ministerial, accounting or maintenance functions and who do not perform community association management functions

Need Help Deciding Whether You Must Be Licensed?

Proceed to the next page to answer a series of details questions that will guide you through all the requirements, exemptions and options for CAM licensing and education!