Colorado CAM (Community Association Manager) Frequently Asked Questions

Some of our most frequently asked questions concerning the Colorado CAM license are answered below:

I am interested in Association Management - are there courses I can take which will benefit me?

Regardless of the amount of time you have been in the industry, you will still find value in taking ongoing education.

VanEd offers courses covering Property Management and Community Association Management. Many of these include continuing education credit for real estate licensees as well, but are available for those seeking further information as they pursue a career in association management.

Didn't there used to be a Community Association Manager License in Colorado?

Yes, however after the Sunset of the program in 2018, all licensing requirements became obsolete as of July 1st, 2019.

The Division of Real Estate no longer approves CAM's and they no longer accept applications for a CAM license.

What if I want to get a real estate license so that I can become both an association manager AND a property manager?

We can help you with that!

VanEd offers real estate pre-license coursework for those seeking to get into the property management field. You can act as an association manager without a license, but in order to practice property management you are required to obtain a real estate license in Colorado.

Colorado Real Estate Licensing Courses >