Real Estate license renewal continuing education (CE) requirements vary in Oklahoma depending on your license type.
- Provisional Sales Associate License Renewal
- Sales Associate or Broker Associate License Renewal
- Broker Manager, Proprietor Broker, or Branch Broker License Renewal
- Non-Resident License Renewal
Follow these 4 steps to renew an Oklahoma real estate license.
- Complete 45 clock hours of post-license courses within the first year of licensing of subject matter identified and approved by the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission (OREC).
- Provide evidence of course completion by submtting a license renewal application to OREC.
- Complete 21 clock hours of Continuing Education courses every 3 year renewal cycle. Sales Associates must take 6 required subjects recognized by OREC.
- Broker Managers (BM), Proprietor Brokers (BP), or Branch Brokers (BB) must complete an additional 15 clock hours of continuing education. Broker Managers (BM) must take th Broker in Charge course.
Provisional Sales Associate License Renewal Requirements (Post-License)
Upon passing the state examination and obtaining an Oklahoma Provisional Sales Associate (PSA) license from the Commission, the PSA has a Part II post-license CE requirement of forty-five (45) clock hours that must be completed within the first year of obtaining a license. The Commission has identified core subject matter that qualifies to meet this requirement. Once a PSA has completed Part II of the course requirement and has provided the Commission with evidence of such completion with a submitted application, at the end of their one-year license term their license will be issued as a sales associate (SA) license (upon submission of the appropriate form and fees.)
Sales Associate (SA) or Broker Associate (BA) License Renewal Requirements
Sales Associates (SA) or Broker Associates (BA) are required to complete 21 hours of real estate CE every 3 years. Associate licenses must take 6 required subjects, of at least 1 clock hour in length in:
- Broker Relationships
- Professional Conduct
- Fair Housing
- License Code & Rules
- Current Issue
15 clock hours may be in elective credit as approved by the Commission.
Broker Manager (BM), Proprietor Broker (BP), or Branch Broker (BB) License Requirements
Every three (3) years a total of 21 clock hours of real estate CE must be completed in order to renew and maintain an active license in Oklahoma. Broker types listed (with the exception of nonresident broker licenses) must take a 15 clock hour Broker in Charge (BIC) course and two (2) of the six (6) required subject matter courses of: Broker Relationships, Contracts, Professional Conduct, Fair Housing, License Code & Rules, and Current Issue. The required subject matter courses must be at 1 clock hour in length.
VanEd has the BIC course online, and a discounted 21-hour renewal package specifically for Oklahoma brokers.
If an Oklahoma nonresident licensee completes continuing education in another jurisdiction, the Commission will accept the hours taken in the other jurisdiction with the exception of 3 clock hours. The 3 clock hours must be taken on Oklahoma specific real estate courses in the subjects of: Broker Relationships, Contracts and License Code and Rules. The courses must be at least 1 clock hour in length.