What Is the GRI Designation?
The GRI (Graduate REALTOR® Institute) designation indicates to buyers, sellers, and other real estate industry professionals that you have made the commitment to provide a high level of professional service to your clients by securing a strong educational foundation.
In today's competitive business environment you need more than just motivation and initiative to succeed, you need the advantage of the education you receive in the GRI program. REALTORS® who have obtained a GRI real estate designation make over $27,000 per year more, on average, than those who do not have a GRI designation.
Developed for members of the National Association of REALTORS® and offered through State REALTOR® Associations, the GRI program includes 60-105 hours of coursework on topics from marketing and servicing listed properties, to real estate law.
VanEd is proud to provide the GRI program for more State REALTOR® Associations than any other online school!
State with Available Online GRI Designation Prorams
Colorado GRI Courses
The updated Colorado GRI program is available both online and in the classroom.
Colorado REALTORS® may take GRI courses online with VanEd or in the classroom through any of the sponsoring REALTOR® boards (for classroom schedules, click to visit the board website): Boulder Area REALTOR® Association, Pikes Peak Association of REALTORS®, and the South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association.
The steps to the GRI designation in Colorado are as follows:
- Be a Colorado REALTOR® in good standing.
- Coursework: The GRI program consists of 15 courses, each provided 4 hrs of credit, for a total of 60 hours of education. Courses may be taken online, in the classroom from a sponsoring REALTOR board, or a combination of online and classroom. All 60 hours of education toward the GRI designation must be completed within 3 years.
- Application: Once the coursework is complete, an application is required through any of the sponsoring REALTOR® Boards. Application fees may vary by board.
Florida GRI Courses
Updated annually, the Florida REALTORS program is available entirely online and in the classroom.
VanEd is very pleased to announce that in conjunction with the Florida REALTOR® Association, all Florida GRI courses are now available online. The Florida GRI courses have also been approved to satisfy Florida CE or Florida Post-License education requirements.
How to get started on the GRI designation in Florida:
- Complete the 100, 200 and 300 series courses.
- Fill out the "GRI Petition to Graduate" form found on the Association Website.
Missouri GRI Courses
All the Missouri REALTORS® GRI courses are 100% online and affordably priced.
How to Get a RI
- Be a member in good standing with both the National Association of REALTORS® and the Missouri Association of REALTORS®.
- Complete all twelve (16) GRI courses online or in the classroom within a consecutive 3-year period.
Upon successful completion of the curriculum, a pin and certificate will be awarded along with information on using the GRI designation in advertising and on business cards.
Nebraska GRI Courses
Nebraska REALTORS® offers GRI courses in a secure, convenient, at-your-own-pace online format.
How to get started on the GRI designation in Nebraska:
You must complete all of the 6 GRI courses online or in the classroom. Classes may be completed in any order. Each course covers 15 hours of material, and a test is administered at the end of each class. Students must receive a 70% on the exam to receive credit toward their GRI designation. Students may retake the exam if necessary. You have 5 years from the date of your first class to complete the GRI designation. Once you finish all six courses, you pay a one-time designation fee, and you will then receive the GRI designation.
South Dakota GRI Courses
The South Dakota Association of REALTORS® encourages all it's members to achieve the GRI designation.
To obtain the GRI designation in South Dakota, you must take the following steps:
- Be a REALTOR® in good standing. REALTORS® are members of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Complete all of the courses in the GRI Program.
- You may complete the courses in any order you wish. When you complete all of the courses in the program, you will need to submit a "Designation Application" to SDAR.
Wyoming GRI Courses
Wyoming REALTORS® can obtain a GRI designation online in partnership with VanEd.
For Wyoming REALTORS® interested in completing the coursework to achieve the GRI designation, the Nebraska REALTOR® Association (NRA), in conjunction with Van Education Center, has established a process to achieve the GRI designation online.
The steps to get the Wyoming GRI designation are as follows:
- Coursework: Wyoming REALTORS® will be able to complete the online 6-course GRI track (90 hours) approved for Nebraska.
- Membership: In order to receive the GRI designation, which will be issued by the Nebraska REALTOR® Association, Wyoming REALTORS® will need to apply and pay $150 to become a secondary member of the Nebraska REALTOR® Association. (Once the GRI designation is earned, however, continued membership in the Nebraska REALTOR® Association will not be required.)
- All coursework remains self-paced and accessible anytime online. All 90 hours toward the GRI designation must be completed within 5 years.