This course covers Colorado Real Estate Contracts and Regulations and will take the student through license laws, statutory relationships, Sales and Listing contracts as well as addendums, disclosures and other related forms.
Blank contracts can be printed from the Appendix of this course, and access to relevant chapters of the Colorado Real Estate Manual are also included.
At the end of this section students will be able to:
- Identify the licensing requirements of The Colorado Real Estate Commission for brokers as well as the makeup of the Commission
- List the continuing education requirements of a broker
- Explain the Statute of Frauds and the implications for real estate contracting
- State what a broker is required to disclose to a client/customer
- Summarize the different types of listing and selling contracts and what that means to the broker and client/customer
- Discuss the Contract to Buy and Sell and understand the importance of the contract dates for the buyer
- Explain the Closing Instructions used in real estate transactions
- Define the use of the different types of earnest money promissory notes
- Discuss the use, purpose and essential elements of the deed of trust
- Explain the timing and process of a foreclosure
Students should make certain they read and review all of the information presented.
Students can expect numerous exercises, quizzes, case studies and the course will be completed with a cumulative final exam. All elements presented in the course are required for course completion.