- Real Estate
- How It Works
- Contact Us
1 (800) 455-8348Student Login
Many investors are missing the opportunity to achieve optimum diversification, enabling them to potentially increase investment returns with less risk, simply because they have not taken the time to understand real estate investing.
This course provides an introduction to investment real estate. Real estate investment terminology, taxation, and principles of investing in real estate will be reviewed. Students will complete and analyze cash flow and tax analysis forms, cash flows after tax, as well as net operating income.
When completed, you’ll be able to compare various investment alternatives, such as stocks VS real estate, or REIT investing VS whole ownership. The goal is for you to be able to consult with a customer on a reasonable, logical, investment goals basis.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to do the following:
- Catalog the risks and benefits of investment real estate.
- Identify the terminology associated with income-investment property.
- Perform investment analysis on a given property including the calculation of Effective Gross Income, Cash Flow, and Capitalization Rate.
- Calculate the sales price and tax consequences on the disposal or refinance of investment real estate.
- Calculate and explain tax related considerations for investment property such as interest deduction, passive loss, and depreciation.
This course has numerous examples and exercises and is completed with a multiple choice final exam.