This course will focus on the latest technology available to REALTORS®. Topics covered will include proper use of a CM to remain legally compliant, mobile technology, Web-based business tools, social networking sites, transaction management and business systems technology.
This course will not simply describe these tools but instead will address how to use them; how technology can help the consumer throughout the transaction, and what pitfalls, rules, regulations and laws need to be adhered to in order to protect the public. Because it's easy to get lost in all the different technology tools available, this course presents these tools from the perspective of their function and utility in business - what problems do REALTORS® commonly face in maintaining efficient business systems and how can these tools benefit the consumer.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
Table of Contents
- Use search engines to efficiently access information about their local markets.
- List at least three ways you can achieve more of your goals in less time.
- List ways to more effectively manage email and Web-based communication.
- Identify ways to use mobile communication to save time.
- Explain how to transfer data between mobile devices.
- Explain how to sync mobile devices with home and office workstations to ensure access to files and information.
- Describe how online transaction management systems can be used to manage timelines and deadlines.
- Describe how to use their systems to maintain effective documentation and adhere to timelines and deadlines.
- Identify at least three efficient uses of social networking sites and other Web 2.0 tools.
- Build and maintain a social network profile.
- Describe how specific technology tools can be used to improve the overall efficiency of business systems.
- Create a realistic plan to better systematize your business, including concrete ideas to implement in the next 30 days.
Overview and Learning Objectives
Unit 1: Managing Technology - Time in course 60 minutes
Unit 2: Managing Communications - Time in course 75 minutes
Unit 3: Managing Transactions - Time in course 60 minutes
Unit 4: Managing Networks - Time in course 90 minutes
Unit 5: Managing Time, Tasks and Energy - Time in course 75 minutes