Insurance requirements have become such an integral part of the real estate and loan transaction, that they must be included in any comprehensive discussion of real estate finance. Every purchase transaction will require title insurance, and every mortgage will require homeowners insurance. In some situations, lenders may also require flood insurance and/or mortgage insurance. Even purchasers of condominiums and townhouses will have insurance options to consider. Real Estate agents need to have a thorough knowledge of all types of insurances to properly guide their clients though the real estate and loan process.
Learning Objectives - Upon completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Know the various types of insurance required for the loan transaction.
- Have a basic knowledge of title insurance and requirements.
- Be able to explain homeowners insurance to their buyer.
- Understand the flood insurance requirements placed on mortgage lenders.
- Help their customer correct a wrong flood determination.
- Explain mortgage insurance requirements in the real estate process.
Table of Contents
- Title Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Mortgage Insurance
- Condominium Insurance
- Rental Policies and Renters Insurance
- Credit Life Insurance
The course is completed with a multiple choice final exam.