Time to renew your Colorado Mortgage Loan Originator License?
VanEd and our partner MortgageEducation.com (Provider ID 1400051) have combined to provide all the courses needed to renew your Colorado Mortgage Loan Originator license and comply with the Colorado SAFE Mortgage License Act.
The SAFE Act requires a licensed Colorado MLO to complete minimum annual continuing education requirements as follows:
- 8 hours of NMLS approved education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year).
- MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row. MLO’s are advised not to retake pre-licensure education (PE) unless directed to by a State Regulator. PE education does not count towards meeting annual CE requirements.
- The deadline to complete CE is December 31. However, MLOs in Colorado are prohibited from submitting an application to renew their license if they have not completed CE. Since it may take as long as seven (7) days for a course provider to report a course completion into NMLS, MLOs are strongly encouraged not to wait until the last minute to try to complete CE or they may be prevented from submitting for renewal on time.
Looking for a new Colorado MLO License?
Find all 20 hours of NMLS approved MLO Colorado pre-license education online at MortgageEducation.com. Colorado has a requirement for 2 hours of instruction on state-specific laws which may be satisfied by either taking a CO comprehensive course or a state-specific elective course
Available Colorado Mortgage License / Renewal / CE Courses for MLOs
8 Hour CE Package for Colorado MLOs
A complete CE package for Colorado MLOs, including 8 hrs of NMLS approved SAFE Continuing Education Requirements. Annual CE education must include 3 hours of Federal law, 2 hours of ethics (which shall include fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues), 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending, plus one (1) additional hour of CO specific education (referred to as an elective). Number of hours is 3/2/2/ + 1hr of CO law = 8
20-Hour SAFE PE Pre-License Education
This NMLS approved mortgage course covers all the SAFE Pre-license Education Requirements. The course is offered in two delivery formats (online and live webinar) to best suit your learning style and schedule. Topics include:
- Federal Law - RESPA and SAFE
- Ethics, Fair Lending and Fraud
- Nontraditional Mortgages - ARMs and IOs
- Federal Law: Truth in Lending
- Federal Law: Credit and Information
- Loan Basics
National Exam Prep with Webinar Access
This course is a Comprehensive Test-Prep for the SAFE Required National Mortgage Loan Originator Exam. It includes:
- Comprehensive coursework that follows the national exam outline
- Federal Law Intensive - the hardest part of the national exam
- Unlimited practice tests
- Unlimited access to our CORE course webinars
- Hundreds of pages of materials well-organized into over 40 lessons
- A full, well-tested, 100-question Practice National Exam
- Each question has explanations and links to the section where you can learn more about the answer