The education required to become a Mortgage Broker / Originator is now available online, nationwide.
VanEd is proud to partner with MortgageEducation.com to provide online mortgage licensing coursework satisfying the SAFE Act and the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
We also offer Continuing Education for Mortgage Loan Originators throughout the country.
Click on Your State and Get Started!
Select your state to get started
How Do I Get a Mortgage Broker or Mortgage Loan Originator License?
Register with the NMLS
- Complete fingerprints, employment history, personal history, credit report
- Obtain a unique NMLS identifier
Take the Required Mortgage Broker License Education
20 hours of pre-licensing – mortgage broker license course approved by NMLSR.
- 3 hours of Federal law and Regulation
- 3 hours of Ethics, including fraud, consumer protection and fair lending
- 2 hours of Standards on non-traditional mortgage lending
- 12 hours electives (some states may mandate part or all of these hours)
Pass the National Exam
The national exam will be 100 questions. Any states that decide to have a state required test will have tests with approximately 50 questions.
MortgageEducation.com is an NMLS Approved Provider (provider ID: 1400051) for all required mortgage broker education.
All mortgage license courses are 100% online