With the recent impact of COVID-19, real estate services are limited. In an effort to help students find the resources they need, we have put together a list of links to help clarify what upcoming timelines look like for various real estate industry services impacted by the coronavirus, where available. Information is updated regularly, so check back often, and please know that your patience is appreciated during this time. VanEd staff also remain available to answer questions during business hours via phone, email, and online chat!
State Real Estate Commissions - Information Regarding COVID-19
|State||Link||Info on COVID-19|
|Colorado||Colorado Real Estate Commission (CREC)||✔|
|Texas||TREC COVID-19 Procedures||✔|
|Florida||Florida DBPR Emergency Information||✔|
|Nebraska||Nebraska Real Estate Commission (NREC) - What's New||✔|
|Missouri||Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC)||✔|
|Oklahoma||Oklahoma Real Estate Commission (OREC)||✔|
- Colorado Finger Printing
- The Division of Real Estate (Division) office at 1560 Broadway, Denver, CO is closed to the public indefinitely effective as of March 23, 2020, however, the Division is open and available to help all customers remotely. Learn more.
Texas Waiving Renewal and Application Deadlines Until May 31, 2020
All license applicants and license holders within their renewal period are automatically granted an extension to complete their initial application or renewal requirements until May 31, 2020. TREC and TALCB will be monitoring and assessing the need for further exceptions and extensions on an ongoing basis. Learn more here.
COVID-19 Bulletins from Real Estate State Exam Testing Centers
- PSI Testing Centers - Physical Test Centers Closed Until April 13, 2020
- PearsonVue Testing Centers - Candidates can reschedule their exams for appointments starting April 16 and beyond if conditions allow.
- National Association of REALTORS® Information on the CARES Act
- Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®
- Coronavirus Is Forcing Real Estate Agents to Adapt
- How Coronavirus Is Impacting Luxury Real Estate
Please remember that the Real Estate Commissions are affected by this pandemic, and as such, confirmation of your education completions (both pre-license and continuing education) may be delayed. At VanEd, if we as a provider are required to report a completion (list what we do/don't below), we will maintain reporting within the regulatory timeframe.
Real Estate Education Completion Reporting by State
|Texas||Student||VanEd (10 days)||Student Reports|
|Nebraska||Student||VanEd (7 days)||×|
|Oklahoma||Student||VanEd (7 days)||VanEd (7 days)|
|Florida||×||VanEd (10 days)||×|
|South Dakota||×||VanEd (10 days)||×|
|Missouri||×||VanEd (10 days)||×|
VanEd is here to help our online real estate students navigate the global pandemic we're all currently facing. If you're one of our students and need assistance, please don't hesitate to call us or email us. If you're not currently a student with VanEd but have questions about obtaining a real estate license, click here. If you're seeking online continuing education coursework, click here. Stay safe.
Written and Published by: VanEd