Planning on Submitting a CAM Application? Here's what you need to know

By VanEd | June 16, 2015

With only two weeks left before the July 1st, 2015 Colorado Community Association Manager licensing implementation date, it seems appropriate to cover what those applying at this late date need to do.

The DRE has posted licensing steps, but alternative options may also need to be considered for those who have yet to pass the state exam.

Step 1 - Education

Step 2 - Exam

Step 3 - Background Check

Step 4 - Insurance

Step 5 - Apply!

Now the fun begins!  The Application forms are all available online using the link here, but before you begin you can save time and energy by identifying what type of license you will be applying for.

You can view the licensing options in the handy grid below.  Then open the application online.

Licensed Community Association Manager Provisional License Apprentice License
Completed Education, Passed Required State Exam and Background Check Completed Education, Sat for but did NOT pass Required State Exam, Completed Background Check No Education Requirements, Must pass Background Check
Ready to Apply! Apply for Provisional License - Valid through December 31st, 2015 Must work under a CAM (Designated Manager), license valid for one year