This 15-Hour course is prepared to be used in conjunction with the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission Code and Rules Book. It has recently been updated to meet all of the 2014/2015 Codes and Rules and includes the updated forms available for use by all Oklahoma Real Estate Licensees. Our objective within this course is to provide a comprehensive and user-friendly guide to assist you in applying the laws and rules of real estate to your everyday practice. Click here for more information.
Who is required to complete the Broker-in-Charge (BIC) Course?
If you are a Broker Manager (BM), Proprietor Broker (BP) OR Branch Broker (BB) you are required to complete the BIC course as a part of your ongoing continuing education requirements.
Every three (3) years a total of 21 clock hours of continuing education must be completed in order to renew and maintain an active license in Oklahoma. The continuing education requirement for this type of broker license must consist of the Broker in Charge (BIC) course and Two (2) of the four (4) required subject matter courses.
(Sales Associates: You may take this course also and earn all four CORE subjects and three elective hours)
Students will also be introduced to the statutes and rules of the Commission and related federal laws pertaining to a real estate transaction and broker supervision.
This is a comprehensive Brokerage course. At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to;
- Recite the general requirements for licensure
- Examine the responsibilities facing a broker
- State the requirements of proper supervision of associates
- Explain the disclosures necessary in a real estate transaction
- Identify the rules regarding trust accounts and duty to account requirements
- Become aware of advertising violations
- Examine the indications someone is practicing without a proper license
- Properly maintain an office and the records according to Commission rules
- Identify the process involved when a complaint is filed and hearings are processed, including when sanctions are imposed.
To learn more and to register for this course today, visit the VanEd Oklahoma Broker-in-Charge Course page online.
Approved by the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission to meet the requirements for 15 hours of Broker in Charge (BIC) credit for Oklahoma Real Estate Licensees.
Written and Published by: VanEd