This course has been designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to real estate investment options including multifamily, residential, commercial, construction, agricultural, and real estate securities.
Throughout this course, licensees will develop a working knowledge of the key drivers of real estate investing, such as market trends, risk profiles, property characteristics, and economic indicators. They will learn to evaluate the income generation opportunities of a variety of investment types, as well as the unique factors that influence them.
This course provides exposure to the most common techniques for determining property value and return on investment. Although math calculations will not be required, formulas and examples will ensure familiarity with the application of these calculations. Licensees will gain a deep understanding of the various methods used to determine a property’s return on investment, including net operating income (NOI), Cap rate, gross rent multiplier (GRM), price-per-square-foot returns, and cash-on-cash returns.
The course also delves into the legal considerations surrounding real estate investment properties from building codes to securities regulations, and even touching on short-term rental properties. This course will equip students to work with investors and commercial lenders in future transactions by building a strong foundation in investment property lending including the unique challenges posed by complex properties and the differences between owner-use residential mortgages and investment financing.
This course focuses on the following topics:
• Introduction To Real Property Investing
• Real Estate Asset Types and Investment Strategies
• Investment Property Valuation and Market Analysis
• Investment Property Financing
• Compliance Considerations in Investment Property Transactions
• Capital Gains, Taxation, and Investment Analysis
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify and describe the primary goals, benefits, investment vehicles, and terminology related to real estate investing.
• Differentiate between various investment options on matters of tax implications, market volatility, risk, returns, and methods of producing income for the investor.
• Gain familiarity with commercial properties, commercial mortgage lending, regulations that pertain to commercial real estate, and strategies for generating revenue through commercial properties.
• Recognize the different types of real estate securities, the different licensing and laws that regulate these investments, and the differences between real estate investment and real estate securities.
Approved States: CO