Americans have many ways and places to invest their money. They choose a product (whichever investment they desire) generally through analysis and comparison. Many times, however, the investor chooses a product because of the knowledge and sales ability of the salesperson. Many investors are missing the opportunity to achieve optimum diversification, enabling them to potentially increase investment returns with less risk, simply because they have not taken the time to understand real estate investing.
- This course provides an introduction to investment real estate.
- Real estate investment terminology, taxation, and principles of investing in real estate will be reviewed.
- Learners will complete and analyze cash flow and tax analysis forms, cash flows after-tax, as well as net operating income.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the basics of investing in residential real estate which include the profit and risk potentials.
- Explain the overall characteristics of real estate investments.
- Elaborate on the basics of comparing investment properties which includes a detailed approach to property analysis.
- Understand the various aspects of loss and transfer and investment property requirements.
- Explain Fair Housing and how its related issues impact the overall real estate investment.
- Gain an understanding of financing investment in real estate and other types of exchanges.
- Practice through various real estate scenarios by reviewing real-world case studies and get a deeper understanding of investment property.
Approved States: CO