Zoning and subdivision are central to land use regulation throughout the United States. This course provides an overview of how local government zoning and subdivision regulations affect real property.
Upon completion of this course, you will learn:
- Definitions of zoning and subdivision, the underlying legal authority, and the way in which cities and counties implement that authority.
- How zoning is typically used by cities and counties within Colorado, including explanations of types of zone districts, categories of land uses, setbacks, lot coverage, lot area ratios, and non-conforming uses
- The development review and approval process is used by most communities prior to the issuance of a building permit.
- Subdivision regulations and platting procedures require as part of the lot creation process.
- Tips on issues that realtors should be aware of so that a buyer does not come across unnecessary surprises after purchase.
Approved States: CO