The purpose of this course is to engage the student with the principles of Water Law in Colorado. The course will help protect the public by educating licensees to recognize current issues relating to water law and their influence on real estate.
At the conclusion of this course students will be able to:
Table of Contents
- Examine water law and policy
- Interpret rules and regulations relating to disclosure and transfer of water rights
- Recognize the importance of water law in Colorado real estate transactions
This course contains numerous instructor assessments in the classroom or online course and the course contains multiple choice exams, interactive exercises, and is completed with a multiple choice final exam.
- Unit I - History
- Unit II - Sources and Uses
- Unit III - Basic Concepts
Unit IV - Water Rights
- Water is Property
- First in Time, First in Right
- Duty of Water
- Direct Flow Rights
- Storage Rights
- Absolute Rights
- Conditional Rights
- Completed Rights
- Unit V - Ditches
What State Can I Find This Course?