The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of residential construction and to familiarize the student with general construction procedures, terminology, and new home warranties. Building codes, lien law requirements, and green issues are included in this overview, along with the single-family home pre-sale inspection process.
- Apply knowledge of building codes and the processes prior to construction when assisting customers in transactions.
- Apply knowledge of the supporting documentation surrounding the construction process (including codes, maps, liens, plans, and licenses).
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and discuss the basic structural components of a house.
- Advise customers regarding property conditions in terms of home inspections and warranties.
- Apply knowledge of Green concepts, issues, and practices when advising customers.
Students will examine key construction features before successfully completing the course with a final exam.