The purpose of this module is not to enable the real estate licensee to give tax advice to his or her customers or to market to them in a manner that is unethical or illegal. The purpose of this module is to make licensees aware of parts of the tax code that affect real estate as it relates to customers and to help students identify that marketing works hand in hand with sales, becomes an ongoing process of planning and executing the strategy and tactics for products and services to create a dialogue or communication.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Seek and provide the information necessary to best serve the customer.
- Apply the elements of a marketing plan to sell a property.
- Prepare a pre-listing and listing presentation.
- Illustrate income tax ramifications of financing the purchase of a residential property.
- Illustrate how marginal tax brackets are used.
Not being aware of some of the tax laws affecting real estate transactions can create liability. While licensees are to never give tax advice, ignorance is not always bliss. Acquiring an understanding of these laws can create a point of difference in the service provided to customers. Students will review concepts through exercises and examinations and the course is completed with a final exam.