Real estate licensees are asked on a daily basis for help with many different aspects of a real estate purchase or sale. Real estate counseling differs from typical brokerage services by offering the home-buying consumer the opportunity to get a second opinion and to hire a counselor based on real estate expertise and experience. The purpose of this course is to provide participants with negotiating and counseling knowledge and skills—resulting in increased productivity, income, and effectiveness.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Manipulate the Critical Elements of Negotiation to a strategic advantage.
• Implement negotiation tactics and strategies appropriately.
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Four Negotiating Principles in a negotiation situation.
• Respond to and guide clients through negotiation objections and sales resistance.
• Summarize the job description and requirements of a real estate counselor.
• Evaluate the potential of real estate counseling as a career addition.