Legal Issues in Colorado Real Estate
The purpose of this class is to alert licensees to those situations that may cost them large amounts of money, or their license, or both. The course will help protect the public by educating licensees to recognize bad business practices while making them aware of the ongoing risk management regarding contracts, agency, anti-trust and fair housing issues in real estate.
At the conclusion of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the meaning of fraud and the actions or inactions that constitute fraud in a real estate transaction
- Recognize that negligent misrepresentation is asserting a fact that is not true without exercising a degree of care that is required by the circumstances.
- Discuss Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VIII of the 1968 Act and 1988 Fair Housing Amendments
- Recognize the terms that may, in the context of an advertisement, be considered in violation of federal, state or local laws
- Identify elements of an antitrust violation
Table of Contents
- Unit 1- Fair Housing
- Federal Laws
- State Laws
- Other Issues
- Unit 2-Agency
- Title Risk
- Other Issues
- Unit 3: Contract Risk
- Unit 4: Liability
- Unit 5: Case Studies Federal Laws
- Legal Cases
- Lead Based Paint
- Final Exam
The contains several instructor assessments as well as multiple choice exams, interactive exercises, and is completed with a multiple choice final exam.