This course will address new home developments, new home construction & marketing as well as the sale of new construction and how to assist parties in these types of transactions. Topics covered include the building process, new home pricing, listing new construction properties and working with buyers in new construction home purchases. The course will address issues related to inspections, state and local laws and regulations regarding subdivision development, and common barriers to successful new construction transactions. This course will also address some fundamental differences in how new construction loans are structured as compared to traditional loans.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Briefly describe common considerations for builders planning new home construction and developments.
- Describe state laws and regulations governing new home subdivisions.
- Describe the steps involved in new home construction.
- Identify strategies for pricing new construction homes.
- Identify strategies and considerations for listing new construction projects and properties.
- Identify common concerns of new construction buyers.
- Explain how to effectively work with or represent buyers in new construction purchases.
- Effectively advise or counsel buyers regarding forms used in new construction transactions.
- Identify disclosures required in new construction transactions.
This course contains numerous student interactivity exercises and exams and is completed with a multiple choice final exam.