RESPA: Keeping Current is designed to ensure that industry professionals are fully informed on the requirements and enforcement of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA).
By completing this course you will be introduced to the new RESPA rules and requirements. The course will explain the new forms, review all relevant real estate settlement documents that are required for use beginning January 1st, 2010.
- To be introduced to what RESPA is and the consequences of RESPA violations.
- To understand the content, purpose, and application of each of the new forms.
- To understand what disclosures are required in a real estate settlement transaction, who prepares them, and at what point they are to be prepared and delivered to the borrower.
- To understand how RESPA is enforced, and by whom.
- To understand the kind of settlements that result from RESPA violations.
The course contains numerous multiple choice exams, interactive exercises, and is completed with a multiple choice final exam.