Zoning and subdivision are central to land use regulation throughout the United States. This course provides an overview of how local government zoning and subdivision regulations affect real property, including important areas such as:
- definitions of zoning and subdivision, the underlying legal authority, and the way in which cities and counties implement that authority.
- how zoning is typically used by cities and counties, including explanations of types of zone districts, categories of land uses, setbacks, lot coverage, lot area ratios, and non-conforming uses
- the development review and approval process used by most communities prior to the issuance of a building permit.
- subdivision regulations and platting procedures required as part of the lot creation process.
- tips on issues that realtors should be aware of so that a buyer does not come across ugly surprises after purchase.
- Authority for Regulations
- Introduction to the Practice of Zoning
- Variances, Appeals, and Judicial Review
- Development Review Process
- Subdivision Plats and Regulations
- Buyer Beware
The course contains numerous multiple choice exams, interactive exercises, and is completed with a multiple choice final exam.
Approved States: CO