- Real Estate
- How It Works
1 (800) 455-8348Student Login
Americans have many ways and places to invest their money. They choose a product (whichever investment they desire) generally through analysis and comparison. Many times, however, the investor chooses a product because of the knowledge and sales ability of the salesperson.
Many investors are missing the opportunity to achieve optimum diversification, enabling them to potentially increase investment returns with less risk, simply because they have not taken the time to understand real estate investing. This course provides an introduction to investment real estate. Real estate investment terminology, taxation, and principles of investing in real estate will be reviewed.
Students will complete and analyze cash flow and tax analysis forms, cash flows after tax, as well as net operating income.
When completed, you’ll be able to compare various investment alternatives, such as stocks VS real estate, or REIT investing VS whole ownership. The goal is for you to be able to consult with a customer on a reasonable, logical, investment goals basis.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to do the following:
- Catalogue the risks and benefits of investment real estate.
- Identify the terminology associated with income-investment property.
- Perform various investment analyses on a given property including the calculation of Effective Gross Income, Cash Flow, and Capitalization Rate.
- Calculate the sales price and tax consequences on the disposal or refinance of investment real estate.
- Calculate and explain tax related considerations for investment property such as interest deduction, passive loss, and depreciation.
This course is available for 4 hours of CE and GRI credit. You can Register and Learn More about our newest GRI course by clicking here.
This course is available both online and in a live classroom setting. To learn more about the Colorado Graduate REALTOR® Institute, GRI Designation Program, click here!